Emergencies and After-Hours Calls
We believe that nights and weekends should be family time for families unless a child is severely ill. Please save non-urgent calls for regular office hours. If your child has an urgent medical problem that needs immediate medical attention, we are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at our main number: 610-372-9222.
For life-threatening emergencies such as:
- Severe injury
- Severe shortness of breath
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Prolonged seizure
- Call 911 – tell the ambulance to go to Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center or Reading Hospital and Medical Center then,
- Call 610-372-9222 – tell us your child’s name and situation, and your phone number.
For urgent situations such as:
- Call 610-372-9222 and follow the paging instructions so we can help you work out the most appropriate plan of care for your child. After hours, we will return your call within 15 minutes.
- If we do not respond within 15 minutes, call 610-372-9222 and follow the paging instructions again.
If you suspect your child has eaten, drunk
or inhaled something poisonous:
- Determine "what" and "how much"
- Find the label or container
- Call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222
- Follow their instructions
- Call us at 610-372-9222